Thursday, December 01, 2005

Do I have enough to say?

Most people that know me would think that there is no way possible for me to run out of things to talk about. And to be honest, it really is a very odd instance that I am struck speechless. We'll see. I used to keep a diary. I guess blogging is like a diary posted so that there is the opprotunity for the world to see you all exposed...mispellings and all. (You would never guess that I won the 4th grade spelling bee in my school--I am pretty sure I just mispelled opprotunity.)

I just got back from lunch--it was a quiet lunch. I met my husband (still feels weird calling him that since we only got married less than 2 months ago) for lunch and we sat most of it in silence, holding hands and staring at each other. For me being comfortable silent with someone is huge. I have always been the girl who filled every minute with something and lucky for me I had enough to keep the noise going...but with Bill (my husband) it's okay to be quiet. He took me to lunch because I needed to be out of my building where I work. Let's not talk about work though let's just say it is, well, not my favorite thing in the world right now and leave it at that. There is no reason to be totally unpleasant in my first blog.

So like I was saying...lunch actually I guess it should be more, like I was saying...Bill. I never thought that someone could make me feel calm. Like he honestly calms my soul (not to be cheesy). I was always a really restless person. Nothing calmed me, nothing made me feel settled, nothing could straighten out all the curly cues that every day could throw to me...until Bill. It's weird but by adding him to my life I feel like I have a certain clarity. I have always known who I am. I was happy without Bill, but with Bill my life is not moving along at a million miles an hour and when it is and I feel overwelmed he slows it down and helps to fix or just to listen to what is making me nuts. We take time to enjoy each other and in those moments life stands still and everything is okay. No matter how bad work is going, how frustrated I am with someone, how annoyed I am at a situation, in that moment it's okay and I get the clarity to deal with it. I don't know how else to say it. But we work and in a way that I never thought possible.

There are people in this world that I love. People who I instantly upon meeting them KNEW that I connected with. My best friend Lisa (an amazing woman who is my kindred spirit and best friend for life), My friend Heather (so impossible to explain our relationship in just a sentence I will write more on that later), my Ron (who when I met I knew in a single heart beat that he would be in my life forever and with him he brought his partner Michael who I know cares for me probably more than any person I have called friend in my life), and then there is Bill. These people are the family that I got to pick. They frustrate, care for me, love me, and make me crazy just as good or better than any brother or sister ever could do and for that I love them all with an unconditional love that no one could ever change. Just wanted to intro you to them cause you will hear about them a lot, all over this blog.

So that's all I got. Who asked "Do I have enought to say"? LOL not me!

1 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

See, I knew this blog thing would rub off on you. Love you too sweetie!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home