Saturday, December 03, 2005

Santa Claus

So do you believe in Santa Claus? To be honest and I mean completely honest, I think I held this belief much longer than most kids. For some reason Santa just didn't make sense to me. He just had to be real right? Okay here is what I didn't understand. I came from a middle class family that really when I was growing up didn't have money to just throw around. But, somehow at Christmas, I had a TREE FULL of presents I mean like the entire under the tree area was PACKED! There was no way that Santa wasn't real. I mean it was just impossible that somehow someway there was EVERYTHING I wanted and more.

So my theory was that Santa had to be real because in reality I just knew we couldn't afford that kind of Christmas every year. It's funny cause now that I am old enough to have debt and try to manage the fine line between credit cards and real money I can see that obviously Christmas was possible without money LOL. But for some reason I still feel like there was a bit of magic that went on during that time. I still feel like it wasn't all the solid reality that I am accustomed to thinking it was. When it starts to snow, and Christmas lights are out, I can't help but feel that maybe Santa will come around again and just bring the magic with him. I don't need the presents anymore, just the magic. I can already feel the build up now. We are having a big Christmas Eve at my mom's house, we have limited plans for the actual day of Christmas but I just know that this season is going to be filled with hope, prosperity, happiness, and if we are lucky...a little bit of magic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home