Tuesday, December 06, 2005

jobs

I was thinking about my job. Primarily because my job is HATEFUL and EVIL! But it started me thinking about the jobs I have had in the past. I don't think that I have ever actually sought out a job on my own. Even like the stupid little jobs you have when you are younger...hmmmm let me think.

Turkey Hill--my best friend Becky got a job there and got me the job. I was there for 3 years.
PA Women's Commission--teacher found me in class...loved me and hired me. 1 year during college
Audio Paging--when I left school my friend Heather gave me a job working for her at the mall. Was there for only a couple of months (I think--that time was a little hazy)
Impac--My mom's co-worker's daughter got me an interview there. (I was there for 3 years)
Current Job--My firend Maria recommended me for the job. I have been here in 12 different positions for 7 years. She is long gone LOL

Now granted I have always had the skills to have the job but I have never actively gone out and FOUND a position that I wanted to be in. I just realized this when I was thinking about why I am so unhappy where I am now. Maybe if I sought out my own position and own destiny I could find something I wanted to do. Maybe not--the unfortunate or fortunate problem depending on how you look at it is that I may almost have priced myself out of jobs that I can/want to do. Though I hate my job...I am not poorly paid--now granted I feel like for the amount of CRAP I put up with I should be paid MILLIONS, but in the grand scheme of things it is not awful. But is my happiness worth that little bit of money.

I guess my quest for myself is to find something that keeps me at least moderately happy in my job that pays me about what I am making now (preferably more). Ya see, this is all that makes me unhappy. Outside of here I have everything; friends that I adore, the best husband in the whole world, the cutest dog ever, and a couple of family members that I don't mind being around. It's just my 8 to 5, Monday thru Friday that kills me.

1 Comments:

At 4:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,

I have the same feeling too. It is quite difficult for me to look for better pay job in China, but I am still unhappy.

Currently, I am looking for opportunity to set up my own company. Maybe I would satisfy myself there.

Vincent

 

Post a Comment

<< Home