Thursday, December 15, 2005

Christmas Part 1

Now look I know for there to be a part one there has to be a part 2. I am thinking I will have more Christmas posts so we'll see otherwise...well just deal with the title LOL!

Here is the thing I LOVE CHRISTMAS! Everything about it from the presents you give/get, the spirit of people celebrating, the MUSIC (oh I could do a whole post JUST on the music), just everything. This year though is different. Not that I love it any less...actually I am feeling the spirit a little more.

The budget has made this year a little light. I honestly LOVE spending money on ppl for Christmas. The look on their faces when I get something that is just perfect is so AWESOME! But, this year the list is smaller, the budgets are smaller, but the sentiment is just as big--maybe bigger. I turned to my husband the other day and said "It is the weirdest thing. I honestly could get NOTHING this Christmas and be okay with it." he looked at me and God love him he has a look like -- well of course you would say that you are the most loving and wonderful woman in the world -- I love that he looks at me like that, but honestly folks like any other spoiled rotten only child I LOVE GETTING PRESENTS! And this was an epiphany for me in the car driving to the mall to go shopping. I could get nothing this year from parents, friends, husband...and I would be fine. How? Why? What happened since last year?

I figured it out. I have everything. I have everything that I could ever/have ever wished for. It's all here in my life and honestly. I don't need anything else. If Santa dropped off a package with a big bow and I opened it up and it said your present is the last year and every year to come I would say..."yeah that is about right and more than enough."

I have:

Great friends--they know exactly who they are cause when I say great I mean the kind of great you only find once in a lifetime and try to keep forever.

Wonderful and Loving parents--this year was so hard with planning the wedding and it really showed me that I am truly blessed to have such amazing people in my life.

A super DOG--though some people (non-dog owners) would say this is trivial, unless you have that kind of unconditional dog love in your life...you just don't know!

My loving husband--this is the topper. He completes everything. He is the caulk in my life, holds everything together so that it all keeps working. He makes me thankful everyday for having met him and for being smart enough to have him in my life.

These are all my things that I love...these are all my presents that I get to cherish everyday!!! How exciting to get to wake up knowing I have these things/people in my life. WOW this is a cheesy post! But I warned you I love Christmas. Everything about it even the cheese!

Life isn't perfect but with these people and things in my life it doesn't need to be. Sure, I hate my job, I wish I had more money and less debt, etc. Everyday there are bunches of things I want to change, want to do, WHATEVER--the long and short of it is. My life, as it is, with these people and the things I have can only get better so I need to cherish them. Keep them close. Love them more.

So I do want things for Christmas and here is my list:

More Love
Dog Kisses
Bedtime Snuggles
Big Bear hugs from my Bears
My father to be proud
My mother to like my cooking
White lights on my tree
My husbands smile every morning

I hope I get everything on my list!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home