Thursday, December 22, 2005

A Special Request

I work for a company who does some contracting for the Army. We received an email from one of our contacts that I thought I would share--asking us all to remember our troops and send them a quick note/card to lift their spirits this season. Though I am totally against the war that we are currently involved in, I support our troops. I thank God that their are people like them that do fight for our freedom--that being said the reasons we are there combined with the absolute misdirection from our president (UGH WHY) are ridiculous.

If you are so inclined please take a few minutes out of your busy week (believe me I know) and send a little love out.

Here is the email that was sent to me from our contact:

I'm sure many of you are currently writing cards to friends and family. If you can, please send an extra one to our American military heroes who are recuperating from wounds this Christmas Season. Please enclose a short note thanking them for their service and personal sacrifice. They are the protectors of our freedom, and enable us to peacefully enjoy the holidays with our loved ones. We must let them know that we appreciate their sacrifice.Your small act of kindness will be greatly appreciated.

Here's the address...

A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20307-5001

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home